Thursday, June 23, 2011

Do you get paid to do this? Um...

Dear Reader,

That is a very interesting and easy question to answer. No.

Sincerely,
Blaire

Okay, maybe I'm being a little snarky.  And in all honestly, I can completely understand how for some people--especially the person asking me this question--it must seem crazy for someone to put so much time and energy into something that guarantees no serious financial benefit or the promise of being published in the end.  While most writers will (probably) admit, yes, it would be AWESOME, even beyond AWESOME, to be published by some major publishing house with a super-stacked contract deal with all the bells and whistles...writing is also a positive outlet (at least for me).  A semi-insane outlet meant to keep me sane by helping me focus some of the random and not-so-random thoughts and ideas that are constantly bang around my head, and are more than likely causing irreparable neuro-damage.

For me, writing and reading are two passions that I indulge in happily because 1) I LOVE writing and 2) I LOVE reading.  Simple, I know. Yet no less true.  Now why I love these things?  I’m not exactly sure of the science of it all, only that it makes me stupid-crazy-happy when I do them.  Along with the added perk of a rockin' community of people that I’m able to interact with on a daily basis, as we share our ups and downs in pursuing our shared obsession for writing and reading.

And because I'm sure we're all familiar with the writing clichés that often get butchered like a bottle blonde in a horror film, I’ll save you the trite repetition and simply say this...If there's something you've dreamt of or have always wanted to do? Do it. Period. 

Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment