Thursday, May 26, 2011

Where the heck did May GO?!


May? Hm. I'm not even sure how it happened or even...wait, did it happen?  At this point it all seems like a big fat blur, consisting of lights, colors and random bodies parts.  But alas, May was doomed to this fate from the beginning, excluding that fluke rapture hoopla, it was destined to end.

It was actually a great month of new things.  Along with some really unexpected surreal moments thrown in for kicks.  One of those moments being that I started a blog, (HELLO!) and have been happily blogging for 28 days now. YAY!!! (Ok, technically April inched in there a bit at the beginning, but you get the point.) I've gotten such wonderful and encouraging feedback, and it's been so fantastic having another creative outlet to channel my energy through.  I've also acquired a new obsession (which isn't exactly a positive), but I'm completely addicted to it nonetheless...twitter.  Before, I was always the person who made fun of people who we're so consumed by people posting short pithy blurbs of their lives that couldn't possibly be that interesting or worth my time.  But it's #ADDICTING. I can't help it. #ILoveIt.



I've also discovered some really fantastic writers and blogs that has definitely elevated my BS (Blog Stalking) to a completely new level.  You can check out some of the blogs and sites I follow under My Blogs & Sites List...great stuff.  The editing process, usually my least favorite part of all this, has evolved to become one that I am actually beginning to take pleasure from instead of abject pain.  Choosing now to view it as the necessity it is for my writing (because I sooooo need it) and as a method to improving not just my craft but the chance to really present my work in the most engaging light I possibly can.

On top of the writing, this has also been the month that tornado season has fully kicked into top gear.  To say that it's been beyond just destructive, is an under statement, its been completely devastating with the number of fatalities and entire towns completely being decimated in the path of these powerful forces of nature.  Just a couple days ago this is what greeted me just outside the door of our apartment. 



Lots of call-to-reality moments have emerged over these past few weeks.  My strengths and weaknesses all tested in some form or fashion.  And it made me realize that I'm actually a lot stronger than I previously gave myself credit for.  So on that note, I'll leave you with a few recaps of my favorite moments in May and a blog theme song.

Movie(s):

Thor


Bridesmaids


Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides


Something Borrowed


Book(s):

“Starcrossed” by Josephine Angelini (Coming Soon! May 31st)



New writers I've recently discovered and have definitely taken a serious liking to...
Tawna Fenske, her romantic-comedy novel, "Making Waves" hitting bookstores August 2nd!

 
Josephine "Josie" Angelini


Blog theme song: John Mayer's "Bigger Than My Body"




 Happy reading!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment