Monday, May 23, 2011

Just a case of the Mondays


All I can say about this day is that I am so glad it's nearly over. For those of you who don't know, it's officially tornado season and lucky me I live on the tip of what we southerners like to call tornado alley.  To say that its been a pretty eventful few weeks is definitely an understatement. But we have been lucky enough to have avoided some of the more severe weather that's hitting some of our neighboring states further north.  My prayers go out to all the victims and survivors of these devastating storms.

But to say that this wasn't the best day of my life is being incredibly generous and completely vague (yes, I know).  But I honestly don't want to go to much into it, lets just say that I now have a broken stapler and about 20 boxes of useless staples at work. Yup.




But for better news...I had a FABULOUS weekend!

The hubby and I went to see the new Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides movie and I definitely felt my $4 matinee fee was very well spent.  And if I haven't mentioned it before, I am a huge sports fan so I've been very pleased by the results of the NBA playoffs this season and am super excited the HEAT have held out this long. Now I realize some or many of you may not be Heat fans and I've actually been mocked and taunted quite a bit for rooting for them. But I'm a D-Wade fan and that's just the way it is, and that's all I have to say about that.

We also had an enjoyable Saturday afternoon helping some friends of ours paint their college mascots on their Cornhole boards. It was the girls vs. the boys though I will admit we had to sort of get a bit of assistance from the enemy camp since neither my partner or I were feeling exactly artistically inclined that day. So we called on the assistance of my uber artistic husband to do our sketches (and he was a great sport about it after much gloating, taunting and heckling on their part) and maybe he helped with some of the painting as well. OK! So it wasn't much of a contest but we had an absolute blast painting and just hanging out with good friends with good food. Definitely some good times. :-) 

So you be the judge, which board do you like best? 
  
Team Melissa/Tasha

Team Will/Nathan

And to finish off the weekend, I attended a Jewelry Party and was very proud at how well behaved and disciplined I was, remembering that we live on a strict budget and therefore I can't buy everything that twinkles and winks at me.  But there were some very fashionable bobbles and accessories that I might have to indulge myself in sometime in the near future. After all a little frosting doesn't hurt anyone!

But any who! I think I'll try and finish this day on a high note and get some editing done. So until next time, stay classy people!
  

No comments:

Post a Comment