Friday, September 16, 2011

NEW! WIP Playlist

"Mayday, Mayday, Mayday...I need backup! I'm going down!!! Copy that. I'M GOING DOWN!"


I think I'm officially at the point where a little space from my current WIP may be both crucial and beneficial.  Or I just may do something completely irrational and drastic.  I'm still crazy about the story, don't get me wrong, it's just the intensity of this storyline is really starting to get to me and not in a positive, productive sort of way.  So I'm calling a brief guilt-free timeout. *blows whistle* But no worries, this always happens as I near the end of a project, and so does the need to dip into something new for some much needed creative mojo boosting! I find that sometimes being embedded in one project for so long (almost two years with my current WIP), along with rewrites and edits can begin to take its toll.

*sigh*

So I'm giving myself permission to take the breathing space I need to play with another story idea until things ease up with my current WIP.  But no worries, I'm not abandoning it.  I will continue to work but am taking on a side project for some needed fresh writing air.

And so after diving deep deep into my "NEW! WIP Idea Folder" I have decided on a new project.

Operation Relief WIP is officially in progress! Hurray!  And though I am still fighting off pressing guilt at dipping into something new while letting my series sort of marinate on the back burner for a brief time, I'm still really excited about this new story.  It's a novel that I've really wanted to write since it came to me about a year ago.  I'm not sure if I should talk about what sort of novel it is quite yet, but am interested to hear your opinions of what type of story YOU think it may be, based on this playlist.

So just for fun, I thought I'd share my playlist for my new WIP & (hopefully) get a few comments with your theories.  (And yes, I'm aware some of you may HATE some of the artist or songs, but that's why it's MY playlist & not yours. Enjoy!)

1. One Republic - "Won't Stop"
2. Ray LaMontagne - "Be Here Now"
3. Tony Bennett - "Fly Me To The Moon"
4. Josh Ritter - "Change of Time"
5. Dan Auerbach - "When The Night Comes"
6. Sondre Lerche - "Modern Nature"
7. Bibio - "Lover's Carvings"
8. Fatboy Slim - "Praise You"
9. Dido - "Here With Me"
10. Kanye West - "Flashing Lights"
11. Jimi Hendrix - "Foxy Lady"
12. Trey Songz - "Unfortunate"
13. Frou Frou - "Let Go"
14. Natasha Bedingfield - "Strip Me"
15. Robin Thicke - "Jus Right"
16. Sondre Lerche - "To Be Surprised"
17. Sia - "Breathe Me"
18. Duffy - "Mercy"

And here's a cool video to #15 on my New! WIP track:



Happy Writing & Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment