Monday, September 12, 2011

AUTHOR ALERT: Suzy Turner

**Additional content included after original posting**

Hello readers! I hope you all had a FANTASTIC weekend because mine was definitely just what the doctor ordered. I slept in (well, at least what MY version of sleeping in is). 7 AM baby! Woot woot! And I also got some rewrites done.  Yes, I said rewrites and not edits.  It appears my series is already getting a face lift, but I'm really excited about some of the changes I'm implementing despite the delay.  I just hope the changes are really for the better and not the worse. *fingers crossed*

But any who...it's another AUTHOR ALERT! YAY!!!

So for today's "Author Alert" I wanted to feature the lovely and delightfully vibrant Suzy Turner.  Suzy currently lives in Algarve, Portugal with her biker husband, two dogs, and four cats, and works as a freelance writer and author.  And has (in my opinion) a completely rational obsession for dark chocolate.


A writer of young adult fantasy and chick lit, her first two novels for teens, Raven, which has received top reviews by readers on Amazon, and December Moon, which released early this month, are both part of her THE RAVEN SAGA a fantasy witch saga for children and young adults set in the province of British Colombia.  I can't tell you how excited I am to dig into this series and how much I anxiously look forward to future works of Ms. Turner!  THE RAVEN SAGA is available on Amazon and Smashwords.


"After the inexplicable disappearance of Lilly Taylor's parents, she has no choice but to move to Canada where she unravels some frightening yet intriguing family secrets...
Her whole life had been based on a lie. Lilly had grown up in a loveless home with a father who she had barely ever seen and a mother who was... well, not very motherly. After they mysteriously disappear without a trace, Lilly is sent to Canada where she finds a whole new way of life. A life filled with love and people who care for her. But that's not all she discovers, Lilly also finds out that she isn't who, or what, she thinks she is.  Lilly has a very special ability and it's just a matter of time before her true self starts to shine. And when it does, her life will never be the same again."
 "On her 15th birthday, December Moon discovers she is the descendant of a family of witches, kept in the dark her entire life in an effort to protect her. But when Lilly, her best friend, finds herself in danger from one of the world's most evil vampires, December will do everything in her power to stop him."
BONUS! And being that I've become an obsessive fan of book trailers, take a peek at the December Moon (THE RAVEN SAGA Part II) book trailer (LOVED it!) and let me know what you think.


For more information on Suzy you can visit her website at http://www.suzyturner.com.  You can also follow her on twitter @Suzy_Turner and find her on Facebook.

Happy Writing & Happy Reading!

2 comments:

  1. OMG! These books look wonderful! Definitely gonna check out the website! And any obsession with chocolate is rational!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol Ashley... I'm glad you agree with my chocobsession!
    Thanks for reading and Blaire... thank you so much for having me on your site. It is truly a pleasure!
    Best wishes
    Suzy

    ReplyDelete