Tuesday, July 5, 2011

My Kurt Vonnegut Challenge - Part 2


So after taking in suggestions (thanks to everyone who participated) for my Vonnegut challenge, I will be reading “Mother Night”. 


Here’s a brief summary.

Mother Night is a daring challenge to our moral sense. American Howard W. Campbell, Jr., a spy during World War II, is now on trial in Israel as a Nazi war criminal. But is he really guilty? In this brilliant book rife with true gallows humor, Vonnegut turns black and white into a chilling shade of gray with a verdict that will haunt us all.

Now I will say that I am a little apprehensive, just because this is one of my husband’s favorites and if I don’t finish the last page feeling “enlightened” I have a feeling he’s going to be sorely disappointed by the results of this little project.  So for his sake lets just hope all goes well.  Wish my luck!

"Mother Night" was also made into a movie back in 1996, so I couldn’t resist posting the trailer.

Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment