Thursday, January 3, 2013

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!



Soooooo, wow, yeah...I'm so out of practice with this.  Part of me feels like I need a refresher course, "How to blog with the PROS." Haha! Okay, now I'm beginning to sound snarky and that was not my intent here.

So, 2012 is over and gone and all I have to say is...SAYONARA, lady!!! HAHA!

Wow, what an...interesting year.  Yeah.  Yeah, interesting is definitely a good word for it. I won't go into the long drawn out details of it all, but it's safe to say that it wasn't exactly my year, but I SURVIVED. WOO-HOO!!! And despite everything that's happened it still feels like, at this point, I have so many great opportunities/paths set before me, and at this moment all I keep telling myself is to KEEP PUSHING FORWARD.  I really hate that my writing has suffered so much because of the curve ball that life has thrown me, but it's really nice to have this to still come back to.

I'm not sure if anyone is even listening anymore...but just so you know, I'M STILL HERE.  Just a girl.  A little altered, but still trying to make her mark in the world. But you know something, LIFE is definitely a journey. And I can confidently say that I'm so glad to be in the situation where I'm still lucky enough to still have the chance to fight for and realize my dreams and passions.

For those of you who are interested as to what I've been occupying my time the past few months. Weeeeeeeeell, I've been READING! Hah. I know, pretty lackluster but I have, like an INSANE person! Just devouring novel after novel. New authors and old familiar favorites.  When I feel my brain no longer can handle the voices of my own characters, I completely dive into the stories of other writers.  It's simply a great escape and also a form of encouragement to me.

While I have been writing here and there, going to quite a few films, and overall just figuring out what comes next for me. The landscape of my life has drastically changed, so much so, it's almost unrecognizable and now I find myself having to find a way to fit into a new landscape.  It's almost like I'm starting over, having to redefine who I am and my purpose.  Which is both scary as hell and exciting all at once.

But something about this, putting my rambling thoughts into words, and those words out into the void...THAT, for some reason, always feels familiar to me.  No matter what is going on out there, this always feels right. You know...it's nice to have that one solid in your life you know you can always come back to.

And to those who have constantly reached out to me throughout this trying time, not knowing how much it meant to me...you will FOREVER be in my heart.

So, here's to 2013!!! May ALL of YOUR dreams come true. (Yeesh, I hope Disney doesn't come after me for that one.) And for those of you who know me, this should not come as a surprise...a little kick off the year tune! I know, I know.  I've posted it before...but I LOVE this song! ENJOY!

"Good Life" by One Republic



Happy Writing & Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment