Tuesday, October 11, 2011

I watch way too many MOVIES!

For a bit of fun I thought I'd spend today sharing with you another BIG part of my world.  So as much of a reading addict that I am, I'm also just as much of a movie and DVD addict. No, really, I am.  One reason may have something to do with the fact that I also write screenplays (as well as novels), part of the whole "and other stuff" aspect of my bio.  And with that being said, I own just as many movies as I do books, which really tells you nothing of what that number could be. LOL!

But with so many fun and interesting end-of-the-year films coming out I thought I would share with you a few of the films I'm currently anticipating, because well...I LOVE sharing the LOVE!  And being that I'm a movie trailer fanatatic, I figured for kicks I would share a few trailer on my blog of the films I'm UBER excited about as 2011 gradually rolls to a close.

***WARNING: Release dates are subject to change and may vary based on country.***

Here. We. Go!

So first up, I offer fair warning to all you non-twilighters because things are about to get SPARKLY! LOOK AWAY or just skip to the next trailer. Hehe! ;)  (Total fan girl moment coming, and this is one of those purely irrational joys in my life). Yes, I am a Twilight fan who in fact owns and has read the entire series.  Yeah, yeah I can see some of you out there flinching. No worries though, I'm still me, but (yes) I can be a TOTAL fan girl when the mood strikes me!

Twilight Saga Breaking Dawn Part I
Release Date: 11.18.11


Having loved the first Sherlock Holmes movie and being such a die hard Guy Ritchie fan...I'm thinking Sherlock Holmes 2 is likely to be just as epic as the first. I LOVE WATSON!

Sherlock Holmes 2: A Game of Shadows
Release Date: 12.16.11


For all you Greek mythology fans this may intrigue you as much as it has me.

Immortals
Release Date: 11.11.11



I'm definitely a big action pack film girl...so I can't help being anxious for the last (supposedly) film in this series.

Mission Impossible 4: Ghost Protocol
Release Date: 12.16.11


I simply can't resist a comedy film with such a DIVERSE cast! This is the part of me that my husband lives with grudgingly. LOL! What can I say? I'm a cheap laugh sort of gal.

Tower Heist
Release Date: 11.4.11



And being that I'm a complete sucker the for the contemporary romantic comedy I'm definitely looking forward to this little end of the year bit of fun! *Squeeeee!*

New Years Eve
Release Date: 12.9.11


So please share your personal picks, whether they're foreign or domestic (to you or me).  I am always interested in learning and hearing about new up and coming screewriters and/or directors. So if you'd like to share some indie films or your own personal picks, I'd love to hear them.

Happy Writing & Happy Reading!

3 comments:

  1. Definitely looking forward to Sherlock. I loved The Fall, Tarsem's last film, and hope Immortals will be just as awesome. He sure has a way with visuals.

    Also:
    The Rum Diary
    The Muppets
    Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did see the trailer for "The Rum Diary" with Johnny Depp, it looks pretty interesting. Never heard of the last one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Sarah above, Tarsem's visual style is amazing. The Cell and The Fall both looked stunning and Immortals seems to be tapping into thay same style plus a little 300. I hear he also has a version of Snow White in production with Julia Roberts, Sean Bean, Lily Collins and Armie Hammer. Might also be worht checking out next year.
    Mission Impossible 4 directed by one of Pixar's guys...I'm there. Also love the look of Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy based on the old John Le Carre novel. It has a brilliant cast.
    I'm most excited about The Avengers and The Dark Knight next year. I'm a huge comic geek and they've released teaser trailers for both to get my mouth watering.
    Pixar have one set in Scotland (woohoo) called Brave which looks gorgeous and then there's the adaptation of John Carter, Warlord of Mars directed by another Pixar alum.

    ReplyDelete