Friday, September 13, 2013

My taste of London!

What can I say about London? Well, for one...THERE IS NO PLACE LIKE LONDON! 

I'm not particularly world traveled, but I have no regrets about making LONDON my FIRST at a new world traveler.  And it may sound cliche, but I have definitely been bitten by the travel bug.  The city was absolutely magnificent. So much culture, history, and beautiful architecture. I often walked around holding my breath, thinking how incredibly cool it felt to be in a city so old and historic. From the Clock Tower of London, to hearing Big Ben ding-dong in the distance as I walked the stone floors of Westminster Abbey, London Bridge, the beauty of the parks that lay scattered across the city, and Buckingham Palace. A PALACE, you guys, a PALACE! It. Was. AWESOME!









Being an avid reader and movie fanatic, you could imagine my mind instantly retrieving memories of images and description of places out of some of my favorite movies and book. Letting my mind wander as I sat in a local pub, enjoying my very FIRST ale where John Keats and Charles Dickens use to hangout back in the day. Whaaaaaaaa? Yup. That was me! And strolling the streets where the Sylvia Plath and D.H. Lawrence once wrote and lived. I could have had a stroke. Luckily, I pulled it together enough to snap a few pictures. 









 



There was something so lovely about the smell, the texture of the air, the richness of languages that surrounded me everywhere I walked...

Oh, that's another thing...someone should give Londoners a freakin' trophy! These people take walking and the great outdoors to a whole new level. But it was easy to see why they love being out-of-doors as much as they do. The parks and scenery are SPECTACULAR! 

I hesitate to admit this, but walking across London Bridge had me so giddy and awestruck...I almost wet my pants.  Mostly, because I walked sooooooooo much, getting lost more times than I care to admit. HEY! Tubes are tricky. Any who, I would often forget to find a "toilet" in the midst of my self-induced chaos, until I would find myself standing in the middle of a GINORMOUS bridge without a bathroom in sight.  I'm positive EVERYONE who saw me recognized me as the  total cheesy American tourist that I was. But I didn't care...I WAS IN LONDON!





I'm truly grateful to my friend, J, for putting me up for my stay. YOU ROCK, DUDE! Oh, and I'm definitely taking you up on your offer...EUROPE 2014! Woop woop!

So there you have it. My taste of LONDON! 

If you have any travel stories, please share. I'd love to hear about some of the places you've all been or even would love to visit. I'm always up a new place to explore!

Happy Writing & Happy Reading!


2 comments:

  1. These pictures look so lovely! Unfortunately, I don't think I've ever been in London long enough to enjoy it. And I only live like 30 minutes away by train.

    You're lucky to have had such a lovely day, including the weather. The last time I went, it was below freezing and I was wearing thin clothing. And then I had to stand on the train all the way home, with blisters on my feet.

    It's a shame you didn't get to go during winter. The Winter Wonderland park there is so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOHHH!!! I get to go to London in May!! I am SO excited! I have wanted to go there FOREVER!! I've been to Ireland, Peru, and Italy, but there's something about London that I just really want to see. lol. Everything looks so gorgeous! I'm so happy you got to go!

    ReplyDelete